Thursday, March 1, 2007

The Boy Who Loves Me


3-1-07
Well I know it's been a while but the computer always seems to be with Brian when I have the spare moments and home when I'm busy. I'm not sure what I've talked about recently if I repeat myself excuse me.

Hunter does this thing now that is just so darn endearing that I sometimes lay in bed at night and smile just thinking about it. When any one is holding him and I walk by he leans out of there arms and towards me. If I don't take him right away he'll give this really cute smile like "mom I'm over here come on pick me up I like you more then any one else" and if I keep ignoring him then he'll do this very pathetic pouty lip fake cry that just melts my heart. Brian's a good sport and just laughs, he thinks it's funny and I know that there will soon come a day when Hunter will think of Brian as the coolest person in the world and I'll just be the mom who he sees all the time. So I'm enjoying this adoration while it's there.

Hunter has gone from an hour of pre-nap crying to forty five minutes to thirty to ten to now he doesn't cry at all. I change his diaper read him a story and then put him down. Sometimes he'll talk to himself for a while but he falls right to sleep and doesn't fight me. I know it's silly but I know that this is the one thing that I taught him or trained him to do my self. And if I can do this then I feel like I'll be able to handle all the parenting things that come along (at least pre-teen). I mean it's stupid that something as simple as nap time can make me feel like I am a mom and I'm not such a disaster, like "this is my boy I am his mother, no one else is, and no one can take it from me."

Because of this new found confidence I decided to start training him to eat cereal with a spoon. I just can't keep up with the feedings, every hour and a half now. He doesn't love the taste so I've been mixing it with a little no sugar added applesauce. The first couple of times were so messy!! I had cereal all over my robe, hair and face (he's just discovered lips and faces and is always patting my cheeks; isn't that the most adorable thing you've ever heard) he had it on his eye lids, clothes, hands, up his nose, it was crazy. And of course when I would put him in his high chair he acted like it was made out of pins or hot coals so I had to hold him and try my best to feed him with one hand. He's gotten better with the chair and we're both getting better at it so things are a little less messy. The first time I'm not sure if any of it got into his stomach at all, I'm pretty confident that some of it is getting into his gullet now. My biggest question is how much should I feed him, he's pretty good at letting me know when he's full but sometimes we finish and he hasn't told me he's done yet. I guess I should make more and see what happens. Also how many times a day do you do it? I've been feeding him twice a day, I mean I don't want to over load his system. Any suggestions?

Well, we're still waiting for that sleep through the night thing to happen but I do feel like I've gotten a lot of my energy back so that's good.

No comments: