Monday, January 25, 2010

An Awareness Event

Hello everyone,
If it seems like I haven't blogged in a while I'm blaming it on the fact that I now have to vacuum every day!!  I should be a little more honest and say that I am trying to vacuum every day because Conner is now scooching all over the place.  He went from barely getting any where to moving around at the speed of light.  Any way because of that I am trying to vacuum every day because of the tons of dog hair which seem to pile up in the corners of the house and conner seems to love to get stuck to his slobbery fingers which he then sticks in his mouth (gross).  Couple that with the fact that there are two three years olds running around and leaving who-knows-what every where and I'd say the floors need to be swept every day.  So this new rule leads me to actually getting it done at least every-other day and that takes up valuable minutes that I could be blogging.


(The tree bag is called "freedom tree" isn't that so perfect?)

This weekend we had an awareness event for the ladies in our church about Human trafficking.  It was very good and very sad and very disturbing.  But we also learned that there were good things being done and what we could do to help.  I bought these cool bags there (one for me and one for each of my groovy sisters).  They're made in India by former prostitutes who work for this company and make a living wage (what a man makes in that country).  It's so cool, they have health insurance and are offered education, it's totally unheard of in that country for this to be happening.  Any way I don't want to say too much more except that I am hoping to host one of these events myself and would really love it if some of you all were able to come.  I'll have more details later of course.

Hope all of your weekends were really great!

No comments: