Friday, January 15, 2010

Home At Last

Well the holidays are mostly over, they are certainly over in my head and heart for the year, as I am now looking forward to pink and red and hearts and lace galore for valentines.  I know that the pink and red bug a lot of people but I really am a cheesy romantic and well I like valentines day!!! I don't care if it is really for Halmark's benefit, I like romance and I LOVE my husband and I think a day set aside for romance and respecting the love between us is a good thing so there nay sayers I am a romantic who is already dreaming about february 14th and some fun little things!!

Sorry about that I got kind of swept up in it.  Any way I hope all your holidays were filled with joy, food, a few extra pounds, and loved ones.  Mine certainly were and the only complaint I have (beside the tightening of my pants around my mid-section) is that being with my family is great I feel a little empty when I'm first back nine hours away from them.  I am glad to be home in my own bed with my baby sleeping a little better with my Brian by my side, but it's pretty great "junking" with my mom talking politics and science with my dad, drinking tea and having lunch with my sisters, snuggling with my grammy and papa... well you get the picture.  The worst thing about coming home with out a doubt, however, is the unpacking (it's taking me most a week since I'm not very motivated) and the undecorating of christmas which I still haven't tackled.  I'm hoping this weekend and at the very least by February (don't laugh small goals for small people).


showing off his new boxing gloves and boxing "face"






Hunter, Aunt Courtney, Nannie and I took Hunter to his first movie he loved it!! (mouse went too)



toys that aren't toys are the best


two cuties that are too cute!

These are pictures of christmas and of some christmas presents I couldn't put on here until they were given as I didn't want to ruin the surprise.  Hopefully I'll be back in a couple of days with some more mindless drivel!!  Thanks for reading you all give me a lot of joy and it makes me feel happy that you care what's going on here in crazy world.

I'm pretty happy with this adapted from Alicia Paulson's design I created the top panel to make it a full apron.  The boys are sitting in a giant bird's nest to go with the bird fabric (my mom loves birds).



This one is striped with a green pocket, the inside lines up perfectly with the adjoining fabric.

No comments: