Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Better Homes & Gardens Saga Volume I

I love cheesy things.  Both of the dairy and emotional variety.  I can not help but pick up super cheesy cook books and the like if they have those illustrations from the fifties.  Following is the beginning of my Better Homes and Gardens Handyman's Book from 1951 put in my own prose.

Chapter One:

"Oh I'm so lucky to have a handyman for a husband!" Emily thought to herself dreamily, "even if I did have to marry a giant! Just look at his bulging tricep. Maybe he'll notice my ridiculous shoes and huge pockets."

"Is my miniature wife looking at me?" Jim asked while chewing on his pipe. "Good, I was hoping she'd notice my giant muscle." then, thinking to himself; "Flex Jimmie Flex! Oh yea I am awesome!"

Coming soon chapter two...

No comments: