Thursday, February 11, 2010

No Mind Can Conceive What God Has Planned for Them

Here is the first hat I made, this is my neighbor and she is the proud owner of my first creation


I'm posting this one so you can see the back of it. (try not to look at me) you can see how the colors became a bit rustafarian, but I am very happy with it (notice the flower that took a while to figure out).


I am a strange person, I've come to accept this and even enjoy that I am sort of an enigma.  Of course it gives people I'm just meeting a hard time really understanding me but I don't mind that, it simply means that most people only know one side of me.  This isn't because I am trying to keep other sides from them it's just that they really only come into contact with this or that because of the situations in which I interact with them.

Let me explain what I mean; I am a mom (a stay-at-home one at that) and I love being a mom, but I'm pretty liberal in my view on women's rights, and I still want to be attractive and exciting and I really like going out with out them (and I usually don't even feel guilty for it). I love sewing and crocheting and baking, I totally dig decorating with things from the forties and before I love the idea of aprons and pies cooling on window sills but my favorite type of movies are loud action films I don't really care for chick-flicks and I really don't like foreign films- give me an awesome spy movie with great special effects or an awesome si-fi story line and I am super happy.  I love to laugh and am good at doing funny things by accident but I suck at joke telling and being funny on purpose.  I love to sing and play my trumpet but I mostly like old music, and jazz and sometimes no music at all; I like the way the birds and wind sound and I don't want to drown it out with the radio.  I love to write but can't finish any thing.  I see God in nature more then any other place, I like church and singing and all that but I'm really jazzed about the Lord when I am actually studying scripture and seeing cool connections and word play between the old and new testaments not when I'm singing a chorus for the millionth time.

This is just the tip of the ice berg.  And I bring it up because there are only a few people who know most of these sides of me.  My best friend Megan, my mom and dad, and most of all my Husband.  It's strange that he can see all the good and bad and weird and ugly and still like me (he thinks I'm quirky but he likes it, he is good at telling jokes and stories and I am endless material for him) even though I weigh a lot more then I should he thinks I'm sexy... more then any one else he knows me and sees that I am so much more then mom, daughter, crafter (I hate that term, "crafter").  Funny that he sees me being a mom more then any one but probably sees me as more then a mom then any one.  This makes me happy that there are people who know me and fine with the fact that not every one can (sometimes this is a good thing).

But of course there is someone who knows me better still and this is Jesus.  My entire point is that we think that when we give our lives to Him (and I mean really give our lives) that things will get boring or that he'll send us to Africa or that he won't.  He'll make us sacrifice what he hold most dear, but he is the one who created us to love those things.  Why would he call a person who loves the out doors to work as an accountant, or give some one a gift to speak and make them be silent?  Why is it that we picture heaven as a great big white (not that exciting of a color) place where we just sing all day?  If God could create a person as multi-dimensional as me then why would heaven and his will be so flat?  It wouldn't, I think that this a lie to keep us away (you know "you only live once and only the good die young" and all that).  I thought this verse was so cool; "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." I Corinthians 2:9, we can't even begin to imagine what God has in store for us so it must be pretty exciting right?!  When we come to the Lord he does ask us to give everything to him but it's not so he can throw it a way it's so he can make it better and show us how to use it for him (which I'm thinking is going to be the way more exciting way to do it as he has greater connections and resources) "seek first the kingdom of God THEN all these things will be added on to you." not "then they won't".  Let's embrace who Christ is let's trust him with ourselves and then lets embrace who we are I'm thinking we won't ever be bored.

No comments: