Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fourteen Days of Valentines Day Nine.

All right I can finally let you in on Day nine! It was for my sisters and I'd hoped they'd get them in the mail yesterday which is why I was being a bit lazy about finishing something else. And I really wanted it to be a surprise so I held off blogging about it.

Years ago before I had kids I got into making jewelry. Now you should know that when I get into something I really get into it so I have lots and lots of jewelry stuff some of it's very nice stuff from the local bead shop (I sort shiver to think of how much money I have in that plastic box). After a few frustrating pieces it sort of went by the way side until I discovered this nest idea on Pinterest.

You already know about my love of birds so this was perfect. Different but still cool looking, pretty even, and every pendant can have a different mix of "eggs" (beads). So for my sisters I decided to make them these necklaces and I'm so glad I did! I loved it; spent all of the Super Bowl with my jewelry stuff on my lap happily chatting with other mainly commercial watchers.


I could NOT get them to photograph well. No matter where I placed them. It's like some of the beads just absorb light or photography magic or something but you get the idea.


It's a fairly simple design really, and I like that each one is unique. The black beads are actually vintage buttons and because of the way they're cut they do sparkle (just not in the picture apparently).

I wish you could see how they truly are I think the pictures don't really do them justice.

See this one on my neck? Well, it's an extra so make sure you tune back in Friday. I'm not saying what's what I'm just saying be sure to check back Friday.

P.S. I forgot to say how much I LOVE my sisters. They are so amazing and such great friends and if I'd known how much I was going to straight up enjoy their company, when I was a teenager... I wouldn't have yelled at them so much.  TO SISTERS!!!!!

1 comment:

Stephen & Denise said...

These are so adorable!! You did a really amazing job on them.