Monday, February 27, 2012

Sewing and Books.

I love books. I love to read. I thank my parents for that because even when we didn't have any money they would let me pick out a book at the store. They read to us and encouraged our reading so much. Oh the smell of new books! The only smell that's better is the smell of old books (Why don't in-between books smell?)!

I also love to sew. I don't know why because no one in my family sews very much. Although, again, my mom really fostered this love of creating and crafting things. I always got some sort of craft for Christmas and my birthday and when I was little I would make my own sewing cards out of paper. I would draw a picture and then sew it with her needle and thread. Awww thanks mom!

So it should be no surprise that I love sewing books (not making them but books on the topic). Books about sewing. Books with great pictures of sewing. Old books about sewing. Books books books. I have at least fourteen books about sewing and I've only been really really into sewing for a few years. When I am having a bad day I'll just sit in the back yard on my swing and look at the pictures in my sewing books dreaming up new ideas and projects...   ...   ...  Sorry I was lost in thought for a minute (Oh for it to be warm enough to sit outside).

I also love the old sewing books. I have a pretty cute collection of those almost all of them given to me as gifts by my sister Courtney so that's pretty cool.

My old sewing books nestled next
to a few of my favorite new ones.


Stitched in Time by Alicia Paulson.
Do you love a certain kind of books? Do you find yourself being drawn to buy a certain type of book over and over? If so what is it? I think you can learn a lot about a person by the books they read and buy.

No comments: