Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fourteen Days of Valentines Day Seven.

What are the things called that you put on your to-go cups of coffee to keep your hands from burning? Are they called coffee cozies or coffee cup sleeves? Well whatever they're called I decided to go ahead and make and environmentally-friendly-pink-with-hearts one for the coffee club girls. I'm sure I must have blogged about this group of high school girls before and how much I love hosting this little get-together every week. What better way to tell them I love them then with coffee paraphernalia? 

I sort of winged it (using a template I found on-line somewhere but forgot to document). I cut out the shape (sort of a crescent) with my pinking sheers out of pink felt. Then I got out my trusty hot glue gun and had some fun. I could have used the sewing machine but honestly sometimes I just like dealing with super hot, fast flue. I glued snaps on (though I think the sleeve will slide on and off with out having to use it) and then decorated them with these sparkly hearts.


I like the way they turned out. Personally I think it's just as cute as the fancy $10 ones you can buy at the coffee shops. And better yet I slipped a Starbucks gift card into each sleeve. If you can't win them over with your witty personality win them over with caffeine and treats I always say.

1 comment:

Heather B said...

Jess, these are great! The colors of the hearts make me think of being a kid :) I bet the girls will love them!